Afishionado Fishmongers is a community-minded provider of fresh and fresh-frozen seafood dedicated to bringing low-impact fishing traditions back to the plates of consumers. We strive to build and maintain close relationships with those who catch our fish, and work hard to help foster a fair, transparent, traceable, and sustainable seafood exchange in the Maritimes!
The Sustainable Seafood ambassador will manage two important aspects of Afishionado Fishmongers. First, research and develop educational material about sustainability and sources of seafood. This includes book, article, or magazine reviews about the evolution of sustainable seafood in Atlantic Canada, create blog posts, articles, and perform presentations about relevant topics. Second, manage all retail sales activities for the market days. This includes analyzing and forecasting sales for following weeks, preparing educational material to share during the market with customers, performing sales, and keeping adequate inventory to satisfy customers demands. Further, the incumbent will develop promotional campaigns including educational materials to educate customers about sustainable seafood and their impacts. The incumbent will also promote our three subscription programs: Catch of the Week, Fit fish, and School of Fish. The incumbent will also work across all departments to keep and improve our inventory systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and maintain up to date literature on topics related to sustainability of Seafood.
- Staying up-to-date on terminology about products.
- Plan and develop a program for posters and presentations around HRM.
- Responsible for all retail activities.
- Create and distribute analytic reports of market sales.
- Manage forecast of inventory and sales, and act as point of contact for product availability of Retail.
- Work cross-functionally with product management, marketing, and supply chain to ensure product is on time and sales goals are being met.
- Work with our Seafood specialist in order to verify availability of fresh products.
- Drive a tactical plan to achieve revenue and margin targets, including monitoring and reporting on KPIs of sales.
Education: University degree in Environmental or Social Science, or similar experience. Knowledge of and passion for local food systems is also considered an asset.
- Knowledge of sustainability principals and the local food movement
- Capacity to forecast new trends related to Seafood
- Educated to degree level in Environmental Seafood Sustainability or any related field
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Comfortable interacting with internal and external audiences, with the ability to take initiative to build positive relationships
- Strong aptitude for presenting posters and slide presentations
- Ability to speak publicly with confidence and poise
- Apparel retailing experience
- Highly developed interpersonal organizational and communication skills, the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Proficiency with google docs, sheets, and email
- Ability to identify and fill product gaps, generate new ideas that grow market sales
Salary and benefits: To be negotiated, depending on experience.
Full-time hours. Working hours will be: Wednesdays, 9am-5pm, Thursdays 10:00 am to 7:30 pm, Fridays 10:30 am to 7:00 pm, and Saturdays 8:30 am to 1:30 pm and 9 hours per week on marketing hours that are flex hours. Occasional extra time will be required, including occasional earlier start times and later end times, varying week to week.
Please submit applications with title Sustainable Seafood Ambassador including cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org