Afishionado Fishmongers is a community-minded provider of fresh and fresh-frozen seafood dedicated to bringing low-impact fishing traditions back to the plates of consumers. We strive to build and maintain close relationships with those who catch our fish, and work hard to help foster a fair, transparent, traceable, and sustainable exchange of seafood in the Maritimes!
We are currently recruiting a Quality Assurance Specialist and Plant Manager to join our operations team in Millbrook, NS.
|Job title||Quality Assurance Specialist, Plant Manager|
|Job Location||Millbrook, NS|
|Start Date||Start date will be April 1st 2017, earlier start time may be considered depending on training required|
Duties and responsibilities
Quality Assurance (QA) responsibilities
- QA supervisor is responsible for all incoming and outgoing orders, record keeping as well as supervision pertaining to production, storage, maintenance and sanitation;
- Must have an intimate knowledge of food safety, HACCP, Fish Quality Management Program (QMP);
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the processes set by the QMP; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; completing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points;
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards;
- Implements new QA standards as required;
- Provides processing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests from owner operator and/or CFIA agent;
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change;
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures set forth by the QMP.
Production Plant Manager responsibilities
- Accomplishes results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures;
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training production plant employees; all the while developing personal growth opportunities;
- Initiates and fosters a spirit of cooperation within and between suppliers, customers and fellow employees;
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries;
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, on the production floor;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking good manufacturing practices; participating in professional societies;
- Ensure packaging materials are in good supply and re-order as necessary;
- Maintains packaging and labelling files and ensures all out-going orders are properly labelled with in-house produced labels.
- Ensures operation and maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Forklift operation and maintenance;
- Maintains equipment maintenance log and ensures all maintenance is undertaken according to QMP standards.
All qualifications listed below will be considered assets, however we are looking for a highly motivated multi-tasker who is able to think outside to box to make sound decisions as problems arise.
Education: College or University graduate in a technical or science field is considered an asset. Education specific to food safety would also be an asset.
Professional Certification: Occupational Health & Safety (OHS), Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and First Aid/CPR certificates. (If these are not completed prior to employment there will be a requirement to do so.
Driver’s license required
Forklift Safety Certificate an asset
Experience: A Minimum of 1 year experience production environment or seafood production experience and/or 3+ years would be considered an asset.
Salary and benefits: to be negotiated depending on experience.
This position requires some work in an office setting and some in the production area; typically, more time being spent on the production floor in a supervisory role, however can vary depending on work volume.
Working hours will vary depending on production needs and there will be required overtime, earlier start times and later end times, week to week depending on product flow. Shifts vary on length of day and from day to day. Full time hours.
Please submit applications, including a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a candidate is found.